To develop intelligent, aesthetically
rich, and emotionally engaging multimedia experiences for a broad, enthusiastic
Master of Arts, Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama
National University of Ireland, Dublin (University College Dublin), Sept. 2003.
Bachelor of Arts, English, Magna Cum Laude
Western Washington University, June 1998.
- Shipped over 18 video game titles in eight years as a writer, designer and/or producer on numerous platforms for clients such as Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Warner Brothers, Disney and The Learning Company.
- Director, editor and producer of short films, music videos, and commercial promotional material, most notably a documentary featurette for acclaimed Canadian filmmaker, Guy Maddin—released through Zeitgeist Films.
- Author and co-editor of two works of prose fiction—Volume Void and The Distillery—and various pieces of short fiction published in national literary journals and anthologies.
- Active musician in a signed band, Sneaky Thieves. First album, Accident(s), released nationwide in October, 2006, through Other Electricites, Portland, OR. Second album, Brotherly, coming soon. Solo project The Attic in limited release, 2009.
- Accomplished sound designer for numerous festival-circuit short films and professional theatrical productions.
- One year of broadcast radio experience with Belfield FM, Dublin, Ireland; sound programming and on-air broadcasting.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Final Cut, Photoshop CS, In-Design CS, Sound Forge, Cubase, a host of audio recording software, and HTML.
- Experienced photographer and cinematographer (film and digital).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2011 - Present
- Lead Writer
- Ubisoft Entertainment, Montreal, QC
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Ps3, Xox 360, Ps4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC - 2013) Story and high-concept design, lead scriptwriter, history and music researcher.
Assassins Creed: Embers (Short film - 2011)
Assassins Creed: Revelations (Ps3, Xox 360, PC - 2011) Story and high-concept design, lead scriptwriter, history researcher.
2006 - 2010 - Game Designer / Writer - Foundation 9 Entertainment, Kirkland, WA
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Sony PSP - 2009) Wrote dialogue; co-scripted cinematics.
Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery (Nintendo DS, iPhone - 2009) Wrote story and dialogue; contributed to design.
Where the Wild Things Are (Xbox 36o, PS3, Wii - 2009) Wrote story; high concept design; co-scripted cinematics.
Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion (Nintendo DS - 2009) Wrote interactive DSi stories; additional writing.
Spore Creatures (Nintendo DS - 2008) Additional writing.
Undisclosed Original IP (Nintendo Wii - 2007) Story concepts and level design.
Cranium (CANCELED - Xbox 360 - 2007) Design and content writing.
2005 - Present - Musician / Performer - Sneaky Thieves (Band), Seattle WA
Brotherly (Other Electricities - 2010) Co-wrote, performed, and produced album.
Accident(s) (Other Electricities - 2006) Co-wrote, performed, and produced album.
2003 - 2006 - Writer / Game Designer - Griptonite Games, Kirkland, WA
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Nintendo DS - 2006) Additional dialogue.
- Ice Age 2 (Nintendo GBA - 2006) Wrote game dialogue.
The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS - 2005) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue; high-concept design; co-designed music mini-game.
The Sims 2 (Nintendo GBA - 2005) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue; contributed to design.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Nintendo GBA 2005) Wrote game story and dialogue.
The Urbz: Sims in the City (Nintendo DS and GBA - 2004) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue; contributed to design.
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Nintendo GBA - 2004) Wrote game story and dialogue.
The Sims: Bustin' Out (NintendoS GBA - 2003) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue.
2001 - 2002 - Level Designer / Writer - KnowWonder, Kirkland, WA
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Nintendo GBA - 2002) Script and Level Design.
Cubix (UNRELEASED - Nintento DS - 2002) Contributed to design.
2000 - 2001 - Producer - KnowWonder, Kirkland, WA
Cluefinders: The Incredible Toy Store Adventure (PC and Mac - 2001) Producer; wrote dialogue.
Untitled NASCAR Kids Game (CANCELED - 2001) Assistant Producer.
1999 - 2000
- Sys-Op / Writer - Humongous Entertainment
, Bothell, WA
Backyard Baseball 2001 (PC and Mac - 2000) Wrote Online Content; Site Moderator.
Backyard Football (PC and Mac - 1999) Wrote Online Content; Site Moderator.
References furnished on request.